Vice President of Engineering (Gaming)
VP of Engineering required to help expand and lead engineering team in a scale-up tech company. This position requires a strong people manager with technical background. Passionate about engineering design and scaling up a company.
- Lead strategic and operational initiatives:
- Translating the company’s engineering strategy and vision with the CTO and Executive Team
- Assess engineering’s progress against our roadmap objectively, pivoting as necessary, and sharing learnings along the way.
- Manage and grow their Engineering department:
- You’ll expand, promote, and manage engineers, including those embedded in other teams, ensuring key roles are covered to execute the roadmap
- Fostering a culture aligned with our values within Engineering
- Recruitment and retention of top talent will be your responsibility. Leading by example and earning the respect of the team requires a strong technical background
- Maintain high quality and velocity:
- Create systems and processes that enable our engineers to deliver on time, within budget, and with high quality
- Provide prompt responses to urgent issues that are customer and revenue impacting
- You’ll be responsible for leading our engineering team in ensuring our services are reliable and performant
- As a part of your collaboration with the CTO, you will drive innovation, address technical debt, advance our system architecture, and improve our processes while meeting our overall product and business goals.
- Track record of 10+ years of engineering leadership in a technology company
- Must have Industry knowledge (Gambling/Gaming), ideally b2b PAM (player account management) is ideal.
- Extensive experience architecting and developing highly regulated software platforms in complex infrastructure environments, including hybrid on-premises/cloud solutions.
- Report and escalate identified issues to the right channels
- Ability to own Technology 3rd party relationships
- Be the champion for internal & external SLA’s and chasing down the owners
- Ability to legally work in the UK