Head of Programmes Management
Your role will be to direct and oversee Portfolio Management, Programme Management, and Project Management, as well as to coordinate PMO activities and processes.
The Head of PMO will direct and lead a team of project and program managers with experience in technology, change, office relocation, and business projects.
You will be implementing a variety of tools, such as risk management, enterprise tools, vendor selections, requirement processes, projects delivery and everything else around PMO.
- Significant years of experience (8+ years) in PPP (Portfolio, Programme and Project Management) in a technology, change, business projects, working in fast-paced and agile environments.
- Must have occupied Head of PMO Roles previously, which is an absolute essential
- You must have in-depth PMO experience, detailed programmes, sizeable programmes managed from a Head of PMO perspective
- You must have implemented two-three different types of programmes from Governance & Reporting, Enterprise Technology, Risk Management tools, Project Management tools such as Agile, or Waterfall, to Project Delivery.
- Proven experience of working with globally distributed teams and stakeholders
- Proven track record in setting up PMO and Portfolio Governance & Reporting, successfully managing and leading programmes on a global basis or spanning across multiple departments & clients
- Ability to summarise and critically evaluate project plans, reports and risks created by others in order to inform and guide senior stakeholders.
- Personable character and an exceptional communicator with the ability to communicate effectively at the highest level both written and verbal, as well as make engaging presentations
- Must be able to manage senior stakeholders and have good leadership skills
- Highly organised – with excellent attention to detail and commitment to quality, setting high standards for their team
- Great people management skills with ability to build, guide and motivate teams, enthusiastic about people development. Experience in coaching and developing PMO personnel is desirable
- Willingness to travel on an ad hoc basis, as required
- Qualification in project management or equivalent preferred (Agile, Prince2, Scrum)
- Proven ability to prioritise based upon changing commercial pressures; flexible and calm under pressure