Director Software Engineering
- In addition to advising the Product Vice President and Product Owners, you are responsible for sharing business targets with the Vice President, stewarding Platform integrity, and ensuring mid-term evolution.
- Ensure your mission teams and surrounding ecosystems understand and use Agile practices, constantly aligning them laterally across your organization
- Identify and align engineering/ technical strategy opportunities and wider-requirements with leaders across the organization.
- The role requires you to coordinate architecture solutions among mission teams, resolve interdependencies between platforms and systems, and resolve potential differences between teams
- Contribute to the creation of new mission teams through day to day operational management and to the definition of technical skills required for mission teams to be effective by supporting the C-suite in this process
- Managing Engineering Managers.
- In order to drive Quality ownership in your team, you adopt automation tools and work closely with your QA Evangelist to help your teams adopt lean practices.
- Previous experience as a software Engineer, who has worked their way up
- Proven Senior Engineering Manager, who has managed managers. Teams in excess of 15 plus.
- An Agile Leader is one who understands agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Design Thinking) and is a role model of the agile culture, mindset, and principles.
- You have the capability to break down complicated test architectures into smaller components that can be implemented independently or by others. You can apply substantial optimization to a design and recognize in advance that a different model may be needed.
- A good understanding of how to identify user and customer needs and translate them into a solution design that aligns with the business’s strategic objectives and constraints. Identifying, scouting, and experimenting with disruptive technologies.
- Can do attitude, well organised, who has strong leadership operational skills.
- Relationship building experience across stakeholders and technical teams.