Trade Channels Marketing Manager
Channel & Business Performance: Routinely analyse customer and channel performance in order to identify, understand, and address performance gaps and incremental growth opportunities in order to deliver the business financial objectives.
Competitive Intelligence: Regularly undertake store audits across the trade to explore, identify, and report on category, trade, shopper, and competitor activities and trends and leverage these in the identification and response to growth issues and opportunities in your customers.
Price Optimisation: Monitor on and off pricing levels of company and competitor lines relative to the company mandate and category price index models.
Annual Business Planning: Work with partners to identify and prioritise go to market opportunities to support the BOPs, and to develop these into the Channel Operating Plans and ultimately cascade them into the Customer Business Plans.
Go to Market Excellence: Work with Customer Managers and Distributors to drive store cluster level compliance of ranging and merchandising guidelines, impactful Go to Market activities in support of plans and gap fill initiatives – maximising speed to market, trade participation, impactful brand visibility, shopper engagement and conversion.
Trade Spend: Critically review and provide recommendations to maximise the ROI on trade spend to activate brands, stimulate sales volumes, and optimise the investment made in either trading terms or other spend.
Trade Credentials: Lead JVC programmes across assigned customers in line with Customer Business Plans to secure trade support of company ranging, space, stock pressure and Go to Market proposals to transform the shopper experience and drive category and brand performance.
Business Processes: Build effective collaborative working relationships and procedures with customer management, distributors and customers in order to drive incremental category, customer and brand growth.
Essential Experience Required:
• Must have at least 3 years work experience, ideally in Customer Management, Brand Marketing, or Trade/Category Marketing Roles within the FMCG Sector.
• Must have good Channels Distribution Trade Marketing experience.
• Must have Regional Trade Marketing experience across Africa within the FMCG Sector.
• Must have experience in General Trade /Modern Trade and Wholesale is preferred.
• Must have strong analytical skills and experience in working with Nielsen or other data sources.
• Must have strong influencing and negotiation skills and entrepreneurial profile.
• Must have strong communication skills and professionalism.