Subject Matter Expert – Trade & Supply Chain Finance
The SME for Trade and Supply Chain finance is a part of the strategic delivery unit for global transaction banking for Europe and would be the business face of the Company Trade Finance Platform. The role is primarily responsible for being the bridge between the bank and the Company business analyst, understanding requirements from the bank and articulating them to the business analyst.
The SME engages with business, product management and IT business analysts of banks to understand their requirements and explain the value proposition and roadmap of the Company Trade Platform to them.
The SME will be expected to be hands-on with respect to being able to explain the features and demo the product. The role also involves supporting various client acquisition activities and providing inputs to the product management and supporting pre sales activities.
The role is responsible for providing Trade & SCF domain leadership for various product implementation activities.
- Deeply understand the banks and its customers business challenges, and provide thought leadership in addressing these issues.
- The product implementation activities involve preparing for implementation – identifying and prioritising use cases, clarifying expected user journeys, providing inputs into the plan for the product walk through sessions held for the bank. The SME will be present during the product walkthrough sessions with the Company Business analyst to emphasize the product value proposition, clarify complex business scenarios and understand new requirements advised by the client during the walkthrough.
- The SME will work closely with the offshore Company implementation team during the lifecycle of the implementation and after providing clarity, direction and alternative solutions with respect to bank requirements.
- The SME will work closely with the business analyst and product management to come up with and validate solutions to new requirements and customizations.
- Harnessing prior on industry experience and product implementation experience of Company the SME will play a consultative role in advising banks on process improvements and industry best practises related to Trade and SCF.
- The SME will also be called upon to be involved in client acquisition activities which involve accompanying the Sales person for various business meetings, demo the product and explain the product value proposition, anchor or participate in workshops on various industry related subjects, provide domain leadership by publishing whitepapers, clarifying requirements in RFPs issued by banks and assist in putting together winning proposals which reflect the Company domain leadership.
- Interact with the offshore SME team to keep them updated with respect to the business and regulatory environment in the region. Participate in various brainstorming and innovation sessions for new product or process ideas, work with cross functional teams. Give an outside-in view of how the client experience can be improved.
- Identify and pursue cross sell and upsell opportunities
- A minimum of 10 years of direct experience in the Trade Finance business of a leading bank.
- Deep domain experience with at least 3 years in a trade finance/SCF product management or advisory role.
- Experience as above in a bank, coupled with a domain related role in banking software product company in trade finance will be an added advantage.
- Product implementation and prior experience using various trade finance and SCF software solutions will be an added advantage.
- Ability to multi task and work under pressure, manage ambiguity.
- Result oriented, tenacious, ability to get things done.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the confidence and presence to interact with senior leaderships teams within Company and banks.
- Experience in creating and making presentations
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Post graduate business degree