Software Development Manager
We are looking for a seasoned software development manager to lead and drive the team’s technical direction, strategizing and shaping our long-term vision and architecture. You will own major deliverables end-to-end, drive roadmaps, and provide technical leadership to the engineering team.
· Responsible for the overall development life cycle of the solution and manage complex projects with significant bottom line impact
· Work with product managers in developing a strategy and road map to provide compelling capabilities for the seller community that helps them succeed in their business goals.
· Work closely with senior engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
· Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules.
· Project management – prioritization, planning of projects and features, Stakeholder management and tracking of external commitments
· Operational Excellence – monitoring & operation of production services
· Demonstrated capability to provide depth and breadth technical leadership to agile teams
Basic qualifications · Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field · 7+ years of experience as a software developer; · 5+ years of software development manager experience · Excellent problem solving abilities and object-oriented design skills · Fluency and experience in object-oriented programming languages, like Java, C++, or C# · Ability to excel in a fast-paced, startup-like environment · A thorough understanding of software development in a team and a strong track record of shipping software · Strong problem-solving and data analysis skills · Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences · The ability to handle multiple competing priorities · Experience developing and executing a software roadmap · Experience managing front-end, back-end, and services-oriented software systems;
Preferred qualifications: · Graduate degree (Master’s or PhD) in Computer Science or related field · 10+ years’ professional experience in software development · Experience with data mining, machine learning or predictive modeling systems · Experience building and operating mission critical, highly scalable distributed systems · Prior knowledge of payment processing, network security or anti-fraud systems · Working knowledge of Hadoop, Map Reduce, Spark or other big data processing systems · Demonstrated capability to provide depth and breadth technical leadership to agile teams