Senior R&D Manager
- Lead all activities for new product development of Food & Beverages products.
- Leads cross-functional teams in the technical aspects of product development through the investigation, planning, execution, evaluating and reporting on new product / process development improvement and troubleshooting projects.
- Independently initiates, investigates, and implements significant new formulations, process improvements and cost savings projects.
- Use sound commercial and technical awareness of our ingredients, processes and customer requirements to deliver `right first time’.
- Provide R&D guidance on commercial equipment selection and plant troubleshooting investigations.
- Provides technical support to customers to support relationship building and to support the business objectives.
- Provides technical support to the internal business departments and has strong associations with other departments.
- Takes responsibility for managing and improving the R&D systems and procedures appropriate to the successful launch of new products.
- Interact with suppliers and participate in workshops/seminars to ensure that up to date ingredients and technologies are used in new developments.
- Must have 7-12 years Product Development R&D experience within Food & Beverages FMCG sector.
- Must have good Project Management, Commercial and Quality Assurance Product Development R&D experience.
- Must have Food Production Support R&D experience within FMCG.
- Must have good leadership man management skills and experience.
- Must have implementation of quality control methodologies experience within Product Development of R&D within Food & Beverages.
- Must be customer focussed, researched orientated with strong problem solving skills.
- Must be well presented, team player with communication skills.