Senior Business Development Manager (Aviation Sector)
This position is a hybrid of Sales/Business Development/Account Management, not just a sales position.
The Business Development Manager will work across the UK and Ireland sales targets and across the product suite and capability, liaising with current and future clients to understand their needs and create compelling propositions.
New Business Development Duties:
• Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business;
• Cold call as appropriate within the market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities;
• Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization;
• Research and build relationships with new clients;
• Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals;
• Plan approaches and pitches. Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives;
• Participate in pricing the solution/service;
• Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately;
• Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
Existing Business Development Duties:
• Prospect existing clients and turn voiced and unvoiced needs into increased business;
• Generate reactive (Change Control / Framework Work Orders) and proactive (proposals);
• Foster further relationships with existing clients;
• Attend industry and client functions and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends;
• Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new offerings, solutions, and products;
• Identify opportunities that will lead to an increase in sales;
• Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators;
- Fluent/Native in English. French or another language is a plus;
- Must have proven track record within the Aviation sector experience across Business Development and Account Management
- Must have a comibination of Business Development, Account Management & Account Development experience track record.
- Must have proven Sales, or Business Development experience (minimum 5 years), with experience in public or private sector for technological related complex sales;
- • Experience of Public Sector related Governmental bodies (Home Office, Law Enforcement) as well as Airport/Airline Industry;
- • Experience of: Security (C4I, CCTV), or Biometrics (AFIS, ABIS, ABC, APC,…), or Complex Airport Management Systems, or similar;
- • Proven Sales track-record for contract values from £50Kk;
- • Hungry for success, a real deal chaser.