Quality Assurance Manager
· You are a sharp, experienced people manager with strong problem-solving skills, a solid software testing foundation.
· You are obsessed with quality improvement and highly committed to building and retaining a solid QA team, creating reliable testing strategy, automation for regression, feature and E2E testing
· You are a talented, detail, oriented and enthusiastic tester who is passionate about quality and is enthusiastic about the new cutting edge technology offered to consumers.
At a strategic level, our QA team will help drive the software development process towards quality-centric methodologies. The QA team will also drive efficiencies in the QA process and invest appropriately in process changes, automation, tools etc to reduce the overall QA effort for the product. The goal of our QA team is to build a comprehensive test suite that will be utilized to validate the solution in a scalable and repeatable manner. The QA team identifies use cases and creates test plans, defines test strategies and creates test cases to validate software design via manual and automated tests.
· As a QAM, you are responsible for working with business and development teams to understand product vision and requirements.
· Responsible for development of test strategies and creation of appropriate test harnesses that align with team’s vision.
· You will work with a team of quality engineering professions (QAEs and SDETs) to ensure the highest quality product delivery.
· You will work with remote, cross organization teams to achieve the desired product quality.
· You will also participate in operational excellence activities for the entire organization.
· Your knowledge and leadership while working with remote teams will be exemplary, and you will you work to bridge the communication gap between our worldwide teams, and help ensure consistency in our QA activities across multiple shores.
Bachelor’s or Master’s in CS or related field with over 7 years of experience software quality assurance and at least 2+ years in a QA Manager/lead role · Strong QA background with experience in identifying and reviewing test plans, test cases and testing results. · Knowledge of scripting languages such as SQL, Perl, Python, XML or Ruby · Proficient in Object oriented programming and ability to write code in C, C++ or Java · Highly effective at working with geographically distributed QA, business and development teams. · Strong people management skills with a proven track record in hiring, developing and retaining high performing QA team consisting of QAEs and SDETs. · Strong project management skills, preferably with experience in an agile development environment. · Proven track record in identifying and implementing automated testing tools and frameworks. · Excellent quality and release management skills. · Established track record for delivering high quality products. · Demonstrated ability to define and present metrics that help illuminate our quality and quality goals.