Head of Sale & New Business Development
To lead the successful implementation of the regional sales strategy with responsibility for the achievement of all financial targets and key performance measures.
To plan and drive the long term growth of the region through development of deep and broad relationships with major operators and partners that deliver sustained revenue streams.
To lead, develop and coach all direct reports ensuring that the highest level of professionalism and performance are maintained and that all activity is aligned to the company sales strategy.
- Lead the execution of the global sales strategy and tactical activity plan within region.
- Lead, drive and be a role model for a customer centric culture demonstrating understanding of customer business challenges, internal political environment, market trends, competition and partners that may affect the customers business and decision making.
- Maintain a high knowledge of products and services and of those offered by key competitors, knowing how this may impact on future product strategy, customer needs and revenue growth.
- Build and manage a qualified sales order pipeline of at least 3 times sales order quota.
- Be the clearly identified responsible executive for leading all sales relationships with regional Service providers
- Take overall responsibility for the customer relationships, providing leadership and support for the sales and pre sales teams to create a tiered system of engagement and act as a long term partner to our customers.
Team Management Duties:
- Actively coach and develop individual sales directors ensuring they have the necessary skills to achieve both their quotas and ‘valued partner’ status with customers
- Set stretching but achievable quotas that ensure both individuals and region meet their targets.
- Set clear, SMART objectives and conduct annual appraisals for each team member.
- Create a committed and winning team by ensuring clear and regular communication and by leading by example.
- Ensure the team is engaging with and utilizing product division resources and capability effectively.
- Ensure that team members consistently perform to high standards and in accordance with the global and regional sales strategy, company policy, values and good practice.
Must have 10 years plus experience within Telecommunications/Technology sales into Telecommunication Mobile Networks.
Must have a proven track record within Sales & New Business Development/Account Development within Mobile Telecommunications clients.
Must have strong commercial knowledge of Tier 1 Operators, the challenges they face, their strategies and competition.
Deep knowledge and experience of selling enterprise software applications and professional services within the IT / Operator market. Knowledge includes the radio access network domain including RF planning/design, RF optimization, company product and solutions.
Deep understanding of the direct and partner-lead sales environment, culture, and challenges for software solution and service engagement sales. Ability to work with customers and partners.