General Corporate Legal Counsel:
Reporting directly to General Counsel, candidate will be working primarily with the global sales, finance and delivery teams located in the US, UK and Asia.
Exciting opportunity for a General Corporate Assoicate, who is looking to join a fast growing company and become the 1st key legal hire in the UK. This role will be a global position, covering UK & Europe predominantly, supporting US functions.
Within 2-3 years to become the Legal Leader across the UK & European markets in particular. This opportunity suits a General Corporate Legal Associate, who is working 150 hours per week, which wants to join an exciting ICT Multinational, who has a can do attitude and looking for a more rewarding work life balance role, whilst having a strong worth ethic.
Responsible for business issues and legal matters pertaining to contracts and licensing, including developing, drafting and negotiating master service agreements and work orders, statements of work with emphasis on risk mitigation and revenue recognition issues.
This person will be a key contributor in providing strategic and tactical advice to help grow business operations while ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Legally Qualified
- Must have good IP Legal experience
- Strong work ethic, be able to cope under pressure
- Possess 3+ years of legal experience at a large corporate firm or experience as in-house counsel in the high tech industry, preferably in software or IT services
- Extensive experience with developing, drafting and negotiating master service agreements, work orders or statements of work, licensing agreements, support and maintenance agreements, service level agreements, partner, reseller, OEM, end user and non-disclosure agreements
- Well versed in all aspects of UK, United States and local commercial and corporate law
- Familiarity with data privacy and GDPR rules and regulations
- Exhibited track record of effective external and internal negotiations, strong interpersonal skills, and superior time management skills is essential. The successful candidate must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, superb legal and business judgment, strong leadership skills and should be a strong individual contributor who enjoys working in a team environment
- Highly motivated self starter, who excels in a fast-paced, time pressured and demanding environment and is able to successfully manage competing priorities and work independently on a wide range of issues and projects, while delivering quality work under a tight timeline.
- Candidate must use diplomacy and have the ability to liaise with individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds and levels of responsibility.