DataHub Release Engineer
We are looking for a talented DevOps / Release Engineer who has a good understanding of Data Engineering, Big Data and Data Science toolsets to help us support our DevOps capability. We need someone who is able to work alongside multiple development teams and who is self-motivated and able to actively contribute new ideas and shape our ways of working.
In your role as DataHub Release Engineer, you will be working in an agile way with project development teams and solution architects to support the existing environment and provide guidance and support in the adoption of DevOps practices within the SEUIT division through tools, processes and ways of thinking. This role will report to the DevOps / SysOps Lead.
- Support project teams with build and provision of Cloud services and infrastructure through codified and automated means
- Configure build and deployment pipelines aligning to the Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, Automated Provisioning, Automated Testing (Unit tests, Lint checks, Code quality tests, Integration tests) standards defined by the DevOps / SysOps lead.
- Workflow automation
- Enhance existing automation capability and develop new automation capability to support the
team and the organisation
- Develop self-healing, automated failover, automated application recovery, automated
incident response etc within the toolsets and capability used by the project teams.
Essential skills and experience
- Solid understanding of Cloud concepts – elasticity, scalability, designing for failure, designing for scale, shared nothing architectures, the imperative to automate every aspect of the development lifecycle.
- Solid understanding of Data Engineering, Big Data and a good understanding of the toolsets used by Data Scientists
- Programming and scripting automation – Ruby, Python, Bash/Powershell
- Solid understanding of software build process
- Comfortable with Linux/Windows admin tasks
- Software Artefact management using Nexus
- Configuration Management using Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt.
- Good hands-on experience in Jenkins automated pipelines and deployment.
- Version Control – GIT
- Good understanding of Jira/ Scrum/Kanban concepts
- Sound understanding of what it takes to have a production ready solution and operate in a DevOps model.
- Confident and proactive communicator and able to liaise constantly with various stakeholders
- Willingness to learn and develop new tech skills as required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team or independently to deliver objectives
- Experience of working in agile teams using methodologies such as SCRUM and SAFe
- The candidate must be able to demonstrate evidence of the following:
o experience implementing and managing CI/CD pipelines and be able to discuss real life scenarios and their contribution to the overall process in detail
o at least 3 years working in a Cloud environment and must be able to discuss Cloud concepts in depth.
o At least 3 years development experience
o at least 2 years of working in an agile project
Desirable Technical Skills:
- Experience with containers and container management technologies – ECS, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm etc
- Good understanding of AWS Security (VPC, IAM Roles and policies, Bucket policies, Security Groups Network ACLs, etc)
- Hands-on experience with AWS deployment (Chef / Puppet, CloudFormation, Scripting with AWS CLI)
- Cloud design for scalability, elasticity and high availability
Desirable qualifications and experience:
- At least 5 years commercial experience in IT.
- AWS certified DevOps Engineer
- AWS Certified Solutions SysOps