Cloud Migration Expert
As a Cloud Migration Expert, you’ll be responsible for helping my client’s customers to migrate their services to the cloud in a secure, reliable and cost-effective manner. You will build enterprise systems in cloud using AWS, or Azure.
You’ll design cloud platform s that are fit-for-purpose , align with industry best-practices and can be easily operated /maintained post migration.
As a leader in this area you’ll be responsible for helping establish a cloud migration capability within the company and will be trusted to provide estimates to support sales activities and provide assurance across migration projects .
As a technical leader, you will work with your peers to develop policy and standards, share knowledge and mentor those around you. You’ll do this whilst learning about new technologies / approaches and incorporating as necessary into Kainos ways of working .
Minimum Essential Requirements :
- Expertise in Cloud Migration and demonstrable experience of having successfully migrated a customer to a major cloud platform (AWS/Azure).
- Expertise in using cloud platforms (AWS/Azure) to build solutions solving business problems and making innovative use of products and services offered.
- Understands whole solution architecture concepts and can communicate and negotiate designs with customer architects .
- Expertise in Cloud Governance and compliance .
- Experience in having reduced total cost of ownership through innovative use of the cloud.
- Able to devise novel migration approaches when migrating unsupported systems.
- Able to simply and clearly communicate technical design – both high level and low level – in conversation, documentation and presentations.
- Able to make effective decisions within fast-moving delivery.
- Able to manage a team in delivering to a migration plan.
- Working knowledge of cloud automation services and tooling.
- Experience mentoring and coaching members of your team and wider community
- Active participation in knowledge sharing activities, both within the team and at a wider capability level and externally where appropriate.