Cloud Advisory Role
This is a leadership role guiding clients on their Cloud IT vision, strategy and roadmap as they embark on and build their cloud journey. Most of your time will be spent embedded with client teams and you will be provide them with a unique business perspective on how they must continue to innovate and remain competitive with cloud technologies in this ever-changing industry.
Your Key Responsibilities
Help clients to plan out their cloud journey. Establish the why, the what and the how of making the transition to the Cloud. Help establish the business case. Document the overall roadmap for change.
Provide guidance on key cloud decisions and how they will be made; which application in which Cloud in which service model via which migration approach.
Advise on establishing a cloud operating model including setting up a customer CoE, cloud operations, change management and governance.
- Bachelor’s degree ideally in technology (Business with MIS, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems)
- Must have strong AWS, or Azure Cloud experience track record.
- 10+ years of work experience in technology leadership roles at a consulting/professional services company, cloud provider or customer environment within Enterprise.
- Extensive experience of IT strategy and Enterprise Architecture and most recently in context of migrations to hybrid and cloud.
- Experience using frameworks/methodologies to assess and recommend application migration approaches and cloud platform options.
- A broad technology track record that’s continually evolved across different platforms from on-prem to infrastructure and software as a service including back office, front office, database/middleware, virtualization, modern container-based approaches, microservices, API’s and serverless.
- Exceptional customer engagement, especially at C-level across both business and technology leadership. Ability to pivot from a technology to business/commercial discussion, identifying the business value of the shift to cloud and new business models enabled.
- Strong written and verbal communication for senior audiences.
- Confidence to lead meetings with client sponsors, management, and individual contributors.
- Availability for up to 80% travel in UK and Europe.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Relevant Enterprise Architecture Certifications in TOGAF, ITIL or similar.
- Relevant cloud Certifications with a major cloud provider such as Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect, AWS Cloud Practitioner, Google Professional Cloud Architect.
- Experience in governance and people/skills/culture change management associated with a typical cloud transformation project.
- Leading and inspiring teams (directly or indirectly) on key technologies and best practices.
- Engagement with Enterprise customers across multiple countries and industries in a broader region responsibility.