Operational Security Administrator
Job Description: Job Purpose/Aim
The Security function here is embarking on a strategic improvement programme with a view to further mature the function to support the business expansion. A number of additional roles have been identified within the team. The Operational Security Administrator is one of these roles and will be responsible for coordinating and executing information security administrative activities to assure systems and processes are operating in accordance with established technical security standards.
The key focus for this role will be the execution of access control reviews across the technology environment. In addition the role will support the execution of other information security administrative activities such as tracking resolution of security vulnerabilities and supporting the resolution of security incidents.
The Operational Security Administrator will be integrated in the Operational Security Governance team, within Group Information Security; will report to the Operational Security Manager.
This is an ideal role for a candidate wanting to move into Information Security.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Access Control Reviews: execute access control reviews across multiple systems to assure they are in line with policies and procedures.
- Information security administrative support:
- Track the resolution of information security vulnerabilities
- Track compliance of security controls with security standards and policies
- Act as primary point of contact between Information Security and the Service Desk.
Experience and Qualifications
- Strong interest in IT security (working experience is not necessary).
- Previous experience working for a company who has a strong focus on information security (ideal but not essential).
- Understanding of Unix access control mechanisms (preferred).
- Good working knowledge of Excel.
- Experience with scripting languages (ideal).
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to persevere and challenge.
- Strong willingness to learn.