Higher Education Business Development Executive
To promote Learning HE print and digital products and solutions in Higher Education institutions in the assigned sales territory to maximize revenue and achieve agreed annual sales goal.
Key Outcome and Area
Achieve revenue targets within the defined territory
Effectively implement sales and business strategy
Identify and contribute to the genesis of new business development opportunities
Effectively manage all areas of expenditure within company policy
Ensure compliance with company and legal regulations in areas relating to all areas of this role – in particular, pricing, returns, and authorisation requirements for contractual or customer obligations
Objectives and Tasks
To visit key HEIs within the territory to promote all relevant CL products and solutions in digital and print format
To close key adoptions focusing on new business opportunities with a particular emphasis on direct and institutional sales and embedding digital content and assessment products in institutions
Achieve required call rates during term time, sample push list/ key titles appropriately in all Higher Education institutions in their territory
Enter customer contact and activity data on CRM system in real time and minimally on a daily basis ensuring constant updates and accurate data records for all customers and pipeline opportunities appropriately
Use system and market data to plan calling itinerary to optimise efficient use of time and resources
Identify significant new business and adoption opportunities and plan strategies and tactics to win the business
Initiate and develop institutional/University faculty adoptions by integrating Cengage Learning technology and eBook platforms.
Arrange prepare presentations to key faculty decision makers across all levels and department of HEIs
Effectively demo and present all technology solutions to academics, faculty and students
To call on campus bookshops on a regular basis highlight relevant key new titles, new editions, and promotions as well as obtaining booklists where relevant.
To have thorough working knowledge of all bestselling titles, to be able to identify where the opportunities exist for these books or digital solutions in their territory, and to take advantage of all these opportunities
Pursue all editorial leads, and pass these on to the relevant editor/marketing manager.
Monitor competitor activity across the region, including competitor key adoption activity, sales strategies and personnel
Communicate effectively with the Line Manager on territory activities, key issues or opportunities, and competition through comprehensive and punctual weekly and monthly reports
To prepare for, and participate fully at all sales meetings.
Manage T&E costs effectively by timely planning of travel and cost effective use of time on customer visits
Submit expenses regularly in accordance with the expense policy.
Manage sampling costs effectively by sampling digital copies where possible and minimising unnecessary expenditure on shipping and supply of print copies
Drive for Results
Team/Unit Contribution (Collaboration)
Ethics & values
Integrity and trust
- Drive for results – the ability to set and exceed personal goals, pushes self and others for results
- Customer focus – dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Establish and maintain effective relationships with customers and gains their respect.
- Leading change – Independent worker who can effectively cope with change, make effective decision
- Creativity – identifies new and unique opportunities and ideas
- Interpersonal savvy – relates well with others throughout the organization, builds constructive and effective relationships
- Team/Unit Contribution (Collaboration) – helpfulness to others on the team or in the organisation in terms of help getting their work out directly or setting a tone of teamwork and cooperation within the unit
- Speed- proactively gets things done quickly with a high quality of work. Overcomes barriers and continually finds ways to be more efficient.
- Organising – can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done
- Presentation skills – is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings
- Priority setting – spends time (own and others) on what is important, quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside
- Strategic agility – sees ahead clearly, can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately, has broad knowledge and perspective
- Minimum level of education: degree educated or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years successful consultative sales track record
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills
- Experience of giving presentations
- Must be a highly motivated and well organised individual
- Strong IT proficiency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Organised and good time management and planning skills
- Strong Microsoft Office, experience using CRM system
- To be able to successfully demo all CL digital online homework and assessment solutions
- Full clean driving licence
- Flexibility to travel is essential as this role will require travel throughout the territory, and some travel outside territory for conferences. Travel may also on occasion take place over weekends.
- Turkish speaker